Friday, April 2, 2010

"Sweethearts" by Sharon / Creating eye appealing pages with color, not theme

This week flew by so fast!  I still have to finish up some Easter errands.  I wait until the very last minute to pick up Chocolate.  If I don't, chances are pretty good that there won't be any left for Easter morning.  Yes, Mommy has been known to raid the baskets - LOL.

Today I have another layout to share with you from Sharon.  Aren't her kids Sweeties?  I know it's Easter, but I also know that most of us are behind.  In fact, if you've been reading our DT Blog, Jamie just scrapbooked last year's Easter photos.  I'm with her!  I'm usually not in the mood to scrap Christmas photos right after Christmas.  I'm at least 2 years behind!

"Sweethearts"
Created by Sharon
I love when I see paper lines mixed together.  When I help my customers in the shop, I always encourage them to think "outside of the box".  Mix papers as long as they match and they are within the spectrum of the color wheel.  Don't be afraid to use what was from a "Christmas" line even if you are scrapbooking "Birthday".  You'd be suprised what prints are on the back side of these papers.  We don't carry a lot of "themed" papers because, well.... it's scrapbooking, and anything can take on any theme... it's all in the way you choose to create with it.  What I have learned in the past 2 years is that most "themed" lines will sit and collect dust.  No one wants dusty paper!  When it comes to scrapbooking, there are no limits.  I guess that is because I scrapbook around the colors of my images and NOT by the theme of the paper.  When I select papers lines for the store, believe it or not, I take into consideration the current fashions and trends in the clothing world.  Color is all surronded by clothing.  Sounds funny, I know... but it all goes hand in hand... and if you've been in our store, you know that I don't have much more room left for "dust collectors"- LOL.

That was long winded, but I think you catch my drift.  Back to Sharon's layout...  Sharon used printed papers from Bo Bunny's Flirty Collection and printed papers from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush line.  The combination was a match made in Heaven! 

Sharon added some extra elements and focal points to her layout by adding diffent collages. Here are a few close up images for you to gander at. A grouping of circles withe some hearts and Prima flowers (that are in the store but not online yet - my bad, sorry)....


use up those scraps and cut out some ovals and hearts and other shapes.  Grouped together with some more Prima Flowers, stickers, brads, floral lace ribbon, and even a decorative pins and self adhesive KAISERCRAFT pearls!  Oh, I love it!  This is what using your scraps is all about... right down to checking out what might be in your sewing box.

I hope you've enjoyed another beautiful layout by Sharon.  I'll do my best to keep them coming a few times a week.  I promise to focus on some "time management" stratagies - LOL.  Of course, all of our in-store designer's creations are on display in our store.

Thanks for stopping by.

HUGS and SMILES!

Kimm

No comments: