Thursday, April 22, 2010

"April Showers" with "Oh Alice Sketch

Happy Thrusday!  The weekend is creeping up on us faster than you can say "Scrumptious Blog Candy!"  Our Design Team has some amazing Sweetness up for grabs, so you better head on over and find out how to win it.  You won't want to miss out on this one!

Believe it or not, I actually took some time to make a card.  Call it another session of  "scrap therapy" if you will.  Thank goodness I can still find some serenity in paper *grins*.

This week our Team 1 Designer's theme on the DT Blog is "April Showers".  Along with this great theme, we are sponsoring the prize over at the "Oh Alice" Challenge Blog.  I asked the girls to keep on me all week until I completed a card for them.  I am very proud to announce that I kept my promise.  Go Me!

The challenge at Oh Alice is a sketch challenge. 



Here is my card:

I used Basic Grey Kioshi Papers and Bazzill Cardstock for this card.  I distressed all of the edges of my patterned papers with a pair of Cutterbee scissors.  Since most of my tools are at the shop, I had to improvise a bit.  After I hacked them up a bit, I inked it up with some Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk (chestnut roan).  I then added lost of Stardust Stickles to the edges.

The Magnolia image was stamped on Neenah 110lb Cardstock and colored in with Copic Markers.  I'm not happy with my coloring, but what do you expect with a 3 year old coloring with you *smiles*.  Pretty yellow Prima Flowers and a few of our newest addition to our "Beary Sweet" line Mini Roses & Buds (available soon) pull the colors of the paper all together.  Combined with some Pearls and Pearl Pins from my sewing box, we've got ourselves a beautiful card that didn't take me long to whip together.

Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to share with you my card.

Hugs & Smiles,

3 comments:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

This is so sweet Kimm!

Tasha said...

Gosh this is stunning! I love the wonderful mix of colours and the gorgeous image
Thank you for joining us at Oh Alice!
love tasha xx

Sammi said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours!!

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!
Sammi
xx