***** EDITS and CLARIFICATION BELOW... PLEASE SCROLL DOWN *****
I am so excited to finally announce our first Design Team Call!
I am so excited to finally announce our first Design Team Call!
We are currently looking for 5 talented ladies to showcase their amazing creations both online and in our store. We are looking to fulfill positions for 2 local designers and 3 national designers (of course, that ratio may change). Our design team positions are open to US and Canada residents at this time. If you have a passion for creativity, good communication skills, offer a unique style, work well with others, are willing to help teach others, and have a love for paper crafting we would love for you to apply. You can choose to create your projects in the areas of expertise where you are comfortable with.
What we expect from our Design Team Members:
- Commit to a 6 month term beginning March 1, 2010 and ending August 31, 2010.
- Designers will be required to submit at least 4 newly created projects per month using papers, stamps, and/or embellishments from our store. This will average out to 1 project/week where each designer will be required to post on the design team blog on your assigned day. One of these projects must be a page layout (1 page is okay; however, a 2 page layout even better). Projects must be posted to the design team blog, your own blog if you have one, our gallery (when up and running), and anywhere else you like to share your work. Blog posts must contain “recipe information” including links back to our store to help people find the products.
- Each DT member will be required to post 1 tutorial on the design team blog during her term. Local designers will be asked to host their tutorial as a Make-n-Take project at the store.
- Designers are required to participate in and promote our store events, contests, blog hops, and challenges.
- Proudly and actively promote The Beary Scrap on your blog and other places where it is acceptable to do so.
- Design Team members may not be represent another US scrapbook or paper crafting internet store that sells products similar to those found in our store during their term. The keyword is "store". Challenge Blogs, Manufacturer, digi teams, stamping company teams are all acceptable.
What will you get out of all of this....
- We don’t want to limit your creative ability or style, so our designers will receive a $25.00 voucher each month to use in our store for creating their projects. Vouchers must be used in full every month… balances are not transferrable. This voucher will also include free shipping.
- DT members will receive an additional 20% off merchandise in our store, including sale items. These purchase will ship free when ordered with design team supplies. (Voucher and discounts may be combined together - that's a HUGE savings!)
- Other perks and Free goodies from us, our suppliers/vendors that we cannot post here.
- DT members will be featured on our blog(s), website and newsletters.
- A pretty little badge to proudly display on your blog and past reference experience for your creative resume.
How to apply:
Guest Designers positions will be available in the future with a shorter commintment term.
- Send us Your Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number and Email Address.
- Submit at least 1 original layout and 3 paper crafting projects that best represents your style. Paper craft projects may include altered items, cards, mini albums, etc.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself! Please answer the following questions and include any other information you would like to share with us. Don’t be afraid to “brag” about yourself either.
- How would you describe your style and what you enjoy most about paper crafting? (scrapbooking, stamping, card making, etc)
- How would others describe you?
- How and why you began scrapbooking/stamping/card making?
- Why you would like to be part of our design team?
- What are you most interested in hosting? (blog hops, challenges, blog candy sponsored by us – give us your best ideas or suggestions)
- Any past or current design team experience you have.
- Any links to online communities message boards, forums, galleries, etc. where you post regularly.
Since this is our first team, we may be looking for one of our talented ladies to eventually head up this team and keep up with the design team blog if myself or Sandy are unavailable. Our coordinator or co-coordinator will be required to work directly with us on a regular basis. We will need to see how things start out, but if you think this is something you may be interested in, please let us know. Either way, we are looking for your input and assistance. This is a joint effort and all suggestions will be considered. Be sure to include in your application what you quanilites you have that would make you a good Design Team Coordinator.
Please submit the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line “DESIGN TEAM SUBMISSION”. Local designers may call the store or email us to schedule an appointment. All entries must be received no later than Monday, February 1, 2010. We will announce our first Beary Scrap Creative Design Team on Saturday, February 6, 2010.
I think I got everything covered – LOL. If you have any questions, please email me directly. We (the rest of the gang) are looking forward to seeing your creations.*** Some clarification ***
We encourage our local girls to help us with some make and take projects, but it is not necessary to do so. We are asking for a brief tutorial that can be shared with the public. If we use a project as a make and take, we would love your assistance, but again, it isn't necessary.
Secondly... of course you can take vacation and go away on weekends! LOL. We are looking for girls with a passion for paper crafting. Most of us already create random projects during the week... we would love for you to show off those projects and share your beautiful works of art and inspire others. We understand that life happens. We would like for you to help (by sharing) as much as you can, but don't make it your life's priority. This is something for everyone to have fun with... this is not a job. Best of all you get a bunch of perks and benefits for sharing with us and everyone else.
Please feel free to email me with any other questions... those were definately good ones.