Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #25

Well, I've decided to take a chance and participate in a Card Sketch Challenge.  I love the Midnight Madness Sketches, and this week's submission was defininately up my alley.  Could be because I've been hooked on circles lately.  I will be submitting this card to MMSC25.  I have to fess up here... I've been playing with my stamps, digi stamps and my copics... I am totally addicted - you have no idea!  I can sit and color for hours.  I have decided that I definitely prefer digital stamps over regular stamps only because I can print them out on my laser printer and take them with me anywhere - and I don't have to wait over a week for my stamps to arrive - talk about instant gratification!  Yes, this small store owner still shops everywhere - LOL.  Part of my mission in supporting other small companies like mine.  Anyway, My first digital stamp was from Mo's Digital Pencil titled "Swine Flu".  I just lover her illustrations!  They have so much character and they are so much fun to color.



Here is my entry for MMSC #25.  This card was created on a 6"x6" card base.  I used bazzill cardstock, both canvas and bling textures.  The image is a digital stamp called Brigitta with Sunflower from CC Designs that I found HERE.  Isn't she just darling?   I just love these images!  Brigitta was colored and shaded with Copic Markers.  I added some Stardust Stickles to her wings.  Papers are from Dream Street that can be found HERE,  I added some pretty Prima Flowers and some Bazzill Ribbon to finish off the card.

I had so much fun creating this card.  Now I have to go figure out how to link and use that Mr. Linky feature - LOL.

Thanks for stopping by... I promise to start posting on a regular basis really soon.



15 comments:

Priscilla said...

Well helloooooooo Kimm :) How exciting that you joined us this week. I am just thrilled and want to wish you a BIG WARM WELCOME to our challenges. I hope you keep playing with us each week. Your work is just AMAZING!!! Your coloring is FANTASTIC.. I would love to see you in action..you are really really good :) Your take on the sketch was just perfect!!!Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Phyllis said...

WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We are so happy that you have found us and we look forward to many more weeks of your playing with us. Your card is darling, love that little girl and your papers are very pretty. Chocolate polka dot ribbon is lovely. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along with us this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Carolyn said...

Hi Kimm~ So glad you created some time for us. We love having you!! What a beautiful card. I am really loving the colors. Nice, bright and cheerful. Puts a smile on my face. Hope you will be able to play with us again.

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Phyllis said...

WELCOME to the MM Sketch Challenge. We are so happy you have found us and we will be looking for you every week!! Your card is just darling. Love your colors especially that chocolate polka dot ribbon. Great job. We thanks you for playing with this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Phyllis said...

Well they say the third time is the charm. This is my third comment!! So if you get three that just means your are three times as welcome. The MM Design Team WELCOMES you to our challenge and thanks you for playing with us this week. Your card is lovely, I love the colors and that image is just precious.


Phyllis MMDesign Team

Anonymous said...

Wow Girls! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Timid little me is overwhelmed with joy :). I really love all you girls do at MMSC! I've been trying to pick things to do that are "out of my norm" and FUN! This WAS FUN... way too much fun! I look forward to participating more often. (((HUGS)))

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a pretty card! I just love to see the color yellow on cards. It's always so cheerful!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I am so glad you took a chance and posted this for the MMSC! This is a fantastic card! I love the image and your coloring is perfect! Beautiful papers and colors too!!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Welcome to Midnight Madness and thank you for taking a chance on us!! I love your colors, you know exactly what you are doing and owning your own scrapbook shop - heaven on earth. SO you like digi's, LOL.

Please consider playing with us again, TFS

Jane MMSC DT

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kimm, I am so glad you played along at the MMSC this week - welcome!! Be warned the sketches are highly addictive, you may as well resign yourself to that now! LOL! Love your card - that image is adorable, especially with your colours and the way you have used the sketch! It is just gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I always look forward to seeing what you do next week!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

A Big Welcome to Midnight Madness, Kimm! What a wonderfully bright card! The yellow embossed circles with the scallops matches the dress so well, very pretty coloring too! Great take on the sketch :) Thank so much for taking some time to play with us this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

scrapperjulia said...

This is a really cute card! Your coloring is fantastic, great card!

Carol Hurlock said...

Hey Kimm...Welcome to Midnight Madness. Let me just say that you and I need to talk....I am a huge BEAR fan and I love your blog. I am so glad you joined us and that I have found your blog. Your bears are OUTSTANDING!!! I have been collecting bears forever...so you could say my house is "stuffed"...LOL I couldn't help it. Your card is simply wonderful. Your image is sweet and your colors are beguiling. What a treat for me today to visit you. Thanks so much for playing our challenge. I really hop that you will join us again and grace us with your superb creativity.

Carol
MMSC-DT

The Paper Artist's Boutique said...

Kimm you are too funny....lol... don't we have enough addictions? Great card.... ((Hugs)) Sherry

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Kimm, What a wonderful and cheery card. :) I love this pretty little girl all in yellows. The flowers are a perfect accent! Welcome to playing along with us at Midnight Madness. I sure hope you will join us again. :)
Michelle MMDT